In March 2008, the Texas Transportation Commission authorized the creation of an I-69 Advisory Committee. This committee, composed of volunteers from I-69 corridor communities, advised TxDOT on I-69 issues and priorities and engaged regional and local stakeholders on I-69 status and project development. The I-69 Advisory Committee was abolished on Dec. 31, 2020.
I-69 Advisory Committee guiding principles:
- Recognize I-69 as critical to Texas.
- Achieve interstate designation as quickly as possible.
- Maintain public input as an essential part of all future work.
- Maximize the use of existing highways while seeking to reduce program costs and impacts to private property.
- Address safety, emergency evacuations and emergency response needs.
- Pursue flexibility and efficiencies in design and construction requirements.
- Encourage initiatives that will supplement limited highway funds.