The I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Route Study will, with substantial citizen and community participation, determine options for
the development of I-369 in the Marshall area.
The goal is to construct, designate and sign US 59 as I-369.
The study includes two broad options:
- Upgrade existing US 59 through Marshall to an interstate highway (I-369), or
- Construct I-369/US 59 at a new location and convert the existing US 59 through Marshall to Business 59.
TxDOT expects completion of the study in late 2014.
The I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Working Group
I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Working Group was created to provide input
and recommendations on the route study. Since February 2014, the group has
met regularly. It
- Goals for establishing I-369 in the Marshall area related
to traffic safety, connectivity and community impacts
- Potential interstate route options
- A preliminary, recommended interstate route option to
study as part of the environmental process
TxDOT invites the public to an Open House from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2014
to review the route option recommendation being
considered for I-369 in the Marshall area. The meeting will be held at the
Marshall Convention Center, Caddo East Hall, 2501 E. End Blvd. South,
Marshall, TX 75672.
The working group meets regularly to
gather feedback from local citizens to learn
about concerns and issues that may need to be addressed. Read more about the
study and complete the survey linked below.
- The working group will make recommendations for further study as
part of the environmental process.
- After completion of the environmental process, funding will be
identified and the design of the roadway will begin.
- Construction would most likely be phased depending on funding.
Your Input is Needed!
The deadline to comment on the study is Nov. 7, 2014. There are three ways
to submit your feedback:
For more information, contact TxDOT by email or call (903) 799-1308.