To aide TxDOT in defining and developing a strategy and make recommendations to the commission and the governor for addressing the highest priority border trade transportation challenges.
- Ensure the participation of port-of-entry stakeholders in TxDOT's Transportation Processes.
- Ensure that the Texas-Mexico Border transportation needs are addressed in TxDOT's transportation planning.
- Provide input into the development of the Border Strategic Transportation Initiatives Plan.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive Texas Border Transportation Master Plan.
- Advise TxDOT on trade issues, priorities and projects and funding needs for freight improvements to support the state's economic vitality and global competitiveness.